Tue, Dec 12|
Virtual Healing Space
Grief As Medicine : Holiday Edition
During this Holiday season, here's a grief support circle focused on honoring grief as medicine with meditation and journaling as a therapeutic space where we can come together to navigate the complex emotions and healing process associated with loss.
Time & Location
Dec 12, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Virtual Healing Space
About the event
A grief support circle focused on honoring grief as medicine with meditation and journaling as a therapeutic space where we can come together to navigate the complex emotions and healing process associated with loss. This group will provide grief support by incorporating mindfulness and self-expression. In addition to grief education and learning and unlearning - we will practice a meditation session to cultivate emotional awareness, find inner calm, and process their grief in a mindful way.
Journaling is encouraged as a means of externalizing and reflecting on their thoughts and feelings.
What we can expect:
- Mindful Meditation: The group will open and close with a mindfulness practice. An opportunity to center, ground and honor grief in a mindful and safe way.
- Emotional Expression: Members are encouraged to openly share their experiences and feelings, fostering a safe and supportive environment for emotional expression.
- Journaling: bring a journal to document the grief journey, which can help them explore their thoughts, emotions, and memories related to their loss.
- Reflection and Discussion: The group engages in discussions about the insights offering an opportunity for shared understanding and connection- to HEAL OUT LOUD!
- Rituals and Honoring: The group may incorporate rituals or practices to honor and remember their loved ones, providing a sense of connection where we've often felt disconnected.
- Community: offers connection to community empathy, and validation, through the grieving process.
Overall, this Grief As Medicine Circle will honor our grief through healing, meditation, and journaling to provide a holistic approach, allowing members to acknowledge their pain and gradually find their own path toward healing and honoring.